Based on proven FlowCam® technology, FlowCam Cyano automatically identifies cyanobacteria from other algae and particles in aquatic samples.
Using a patent-pending combination of excitation wavelength, phycocyanin fluorescence measurement and image recognition software, the system automates image analysis which used to be done manually using microscopy.
After differentiating the cyanobacteria from the other algae in the sample, VisualSpreadsheet software can be used to further characterize specific types of algae found in the sample using 40+ physical parameters.
Typical FlowCam Cyano Applications:
- Detection & Verification of Cyanobacteria Presence
- Biovolume Calculation
- Cell Density Calculation
- Proactive Treatment Operations
FlowCam Cyano Offers:
- High-sensitivity fluorescence detection (2 channels, phycocyanin and chlorophyll)
- Ratiometric fluorescence to discriminate cyanobacteria from other algae
- Classification using 40+ physical parameters measured from each cell
- Integral biovolume calculations
- Our intelligent image recognition and analysis software VisualSpreadsheet®
- Faster & easier analysis than manual microscopy
VideosWe have a number of videos for the FlowCam here