FlowCam CyanoBased on proven FlowCam® Image analysis technology, the new FlowCam Cyano automatically identifies cyanobacteria from other algae and particles in aquatic samples. Using a patent-pending combination of excitation wavelength, phycocyanin fluorescence measurement and image recognition software, the system automates image analysis which used to be done manually using microscopy.
After differentiating the cyanobacteria from the other algae in the sample, VisualSpreadsheet and Advanced Classifier software can be used to further characterise the specific types of all algae found in the sample.
The key features of the system are:
- High-sensitivity fluorescence detection (2 channels, phycocyanin and chlorophyll)
- Ratiometric fluorescence accurately discriminates cyanobacteria from other algae
- Further classification using over 30 image parameters collected for each cell
- Integral bio-volume calculations
- Faster & easier than manual microscopy
Typical FlowCam Cyano Applications:
- Detection & Verification of Cyanobacteria Presence
- Biovolume Calculation
- Cell Density Calculation
- Proactive Treatment Operations
FlowCam Cyano Specifications:
- 2 fluorescence channels
- Ratiometric fluorescence discrimination (patent pending)
- Automated high-precision syringe pump
- Integrated flush and rinse system
- Ejectable pipette tip sample introduction port
- VisualSpreadsheet software
- Optional Advanced Classifier software
The FlowCam® Difference
- Measures particle size and shape: Collect over 40 measurements on each particle imaged for a more comprehensive analysis.
- Provides superior image quality and image-based measurements: Fast and accurate results you can see, backed by the quantitative data to prove it.
- Gives statistically relevant results quickly: Capture tens of thousands of particle images per minute.
- Allows automated particle characterization based on statistical pattern recognition: Saves you time by automatically separating different types of particles into user-created libraries.
- Delivers accurate results on all particles from 2 µm to 2 mm.
Application Notes:FlowCam – Printer Toner Application Note
VideosWe have a number of videos for the FlowCam here