FlowCam Nano is the next-generation dynamic image analysis instrument for submicron particle imaging and sizing in real-time. FlowCam Nano extends subvisible particle analysis to detect objects between 300 nanometers and 2 micrometers – the smallest visible with light microscopy.
Use FlowCam Nano for early detection of aggregates and contaminant monitoring for protein formulations, nano-drug delivery systems, characterization of bacteria, bioprocess monitoring, and materials characterisation.
FlowCam Nano Benefits:
- Highest-quality images to detect and identify submicron particle types to inform product development and monitor product quality
- Obtain size, morphology, and relative concentrations of particles in the 300 nm to 2 µm size range that are too small to be detected by traditional Flow Imaging Microscopy
- Early detection of API aggregation and other forms of sample degradation that are prone to generating larger subvisible and visible particles
- Integrated, industry-leading VisualSpreadsheet® software with the unique ability to image, classify, and characterize nanoparticles in real-time
- Quickly and consistently perform instrument setup and data collection with the easy-to-use interface and autofocus technology
FlowCam Nano captures submicron images of protein aggregates, silicone oil droplets, sucrose aggregates, and E. coli cells. The particle diameter is shown in µm.
How it works:
Flow imaging microscopy (FIM) instruments such as FlowCam Nano consist of a light microscopy apparatus (a stroboscopic LED light source, an objective lens, and a high-speed camera) with a sample flow cell placed in the optics path between the light source and objective lens. During analysis, a sample is introduced via a syringe pump, and images of particles that pass through the optics are automatically captured and recorded. The resulting microscopic images can then be analyzed to determine the sizes, concentration, morphology, and types of particles in the sample.
FlowCam Nano improves the resolution of standard flow imaging microscopy by using a high-magnification (40X) objective lens and adding a thin layer of immersion oil to reduce the numerical aperture between the flow cell, objective, and condenser. The patented FlowCam Nano technology results in a larger magnification of particles near and below the size limit of traditional FIM instruments, extending the size range and imaging capabilities to detect submicron and small subvisible particles.
FlowCam Nano Specifications:
- Particle size range: 300 nm to 2 µm
- Magnification: 40X
- Flow cell: 60 µm depth
- Sample processing capability: 20 µL/min
- Minimum sample volume: 50 µL
- Camera: High Resolution (1440 x 1080 pixels) CMOS sensor, monochrome
- Frame rate: up to 130 frames per second
- VisualSpreadsheet 5 Software
We have a number of videos for the FlowCam hereDownload Brochure