Flow Imaging Microscopy with Light Obscuration
Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies announces the release of a ground breaking new instrument, the FlowCam + LO. By combining industry standard light obscuration technology required for USP compliance with digital images from proven flow imaging microscopy technology, the new FlowCam + LO will soon become the preferred instrument in biopharma labs worldwide.
In the FlowCam + LO, a single sample passes continuously through two flow cells. The first uses FlowCam technology to capture digital images (Fig 1), and the second uses light obscuration to provide data necessary for USP compliance (Fig 2).
Benefits of the FlowCam +LO
- Collect and process data with FIM and LO at the same time
- Simultaneously test for USP compliance and confirm your results with digital images
- Reduce bench time by combining two particle analysis techniques in a single instrument
- Reconcile data from a single sample, and a single run with two different technologies
- Minimize required sample volume